Reviews from last year's event.Awesome! Tearful! Joyful! Powerful! Merciful! Hopeful!
- “Loved the speaker, really touched my heart.”
- “Wow! What a blessing to be in attendance.”
- “All prayer breakfasts have been very worthwhile! But this day somehow seemed to outshine in message and devotion than most of the former.”
- “Sgt. McGrew was a most inspirational speaker and touched many lives this morning. God has really touched his life and he in turn has touched many lives.”
The comments above and the one below are just a sampling of those made by this year’s attendees of the Santa Barbara Community Prayer Breakfast. Each year our committee’s intent is to bring a speaker whose story of faith and life experiences are a testament to the power of prayer and God’s love. We hit it out of the park this year with our keynote speaker, Mike McGrew, who gave an emotional testimony of faith that couldn’t help but touch the hearts of all those in attendance.
The Santa Barbara community’s support for this annual event was evident as approximately 500 of the faithful filled the tables at Fess Parker’s Four Seasons Hotel. A satisfying breakfast was served, but it was a nourishment of a spiritual kind that filled the hearts and souls of those in attendance.
- “I have participated in community breakfasts and luncheons all around the country for well over thirty years. The CBMC sponsored prayer breakfast in Santa Barbara is the most God honoring, Christ centered event of which I have played a part. Well done CBMC! Keep up the good work.” Jay Carty author and former LA Laker gave the closing prayer at this year’s Breakfast and offered a free e-version of his book “Playing with Fire“ to attendees.